CrossFit Endurance is an endurance sports training method that combines the tenants and benefits of the CrossFit strength & conditioning program with the sport specificity, needs, and performance goals of an endurance athlete. It focuses on increasing power and speed while decreasing recovery time, reducing injury, promoting preservation of lean tissue and creating a more sustainable performance curve. We eliminate unnecessary volume from training while increasing intensity. This is not your typical long slow distance endurance training, but it works. In general, our Group Class programming is biased towards this methodology as most athletes we serve are interested in endurance based sports such as running, biking, nordic skiing, climbing, etc...
Beyond using this philosophy in our general programming, CrossFit Catacombs periodically offers an event-specific multi-week CrossFit Endurance Training Program. An example of this would include bringing together a group of people focused on an event such as the Durango Double or The Iron Horse and developing a program to support that groups' goals and needs. These programs are often driven by our members' interest and requests. Check out our blog or contact us to learn more.
BENEFITS OF CROSSFIT ENDURANCE TRAINING
- Break through to a new level of training and racing with a lower risk of injury
- Build higher aerobic capacity and a stronger core to do more high quality intervals producing greater functional threshold power
- Build stabilizer muscles to reduce injuries
- Maintain and improve fitness in off-season
- Have fun with your training in a fun, supportive group setting