Workout of the Day--August 4, 2015
20 Pull Ups
5 Thrusters (95/65)
15 Pull Ups
10 Pull Ups
5 Pull Ups
Catacombs Endurance Team is Running
We are so excited to have just launched the Catacombs Endurance Team that we wanted to periodically share with you what the program is about and the progress of those participating in the current program. Not familiar with the program? Catacombs is partnering with the Durango Running Company, the Durango Running Club, and the Durango Double to offer a fun, team-based 10-week half-marathon training program. Using the principles of CrossFit Endurance (CFE) and coaching by local runners, Brett Sublett and Scott Shine, the Team will work together to develop the skills and abilities to successfully complete either the trail 1 ⁄ 2 marathon or the road 1 ⁄ 2 marathon offered at the Durango Double in mid-October.
As you know, CrossFit is intended to develop high levels of fitness and health and all-around athleticism, but it’s not sport-specific. CrossFit Endurance (CFE), however, is sport-specific. For example, a CFE running program prepares a runner for a race by combining specific running workouts, strength workouts, and CrossFit metabolic conditioning workouts. CFE allows a runner to obtain equal if not greater performance results while simultaneously decreasing the chance of injury and getting all the other benefits of participating in CrossFit. If you care the know more about the benefits and how it works, Competitor.com offers has a great article by CFE founder Brian MacKenzie about how CFE helps train runners.
So what does our program look like? Below is a schedule for the coming weeks. In general, the program consists of a weekly CFE workout, a track workout, a long run, and a mix of either additional CrossFit WODs or runs, depending on the athlete. We will keep you periodically posted on this teams progress. Also, please let us know if you have any other events that you think might be worthwhile to assemble a group of people to train for using CFE.
Weekly Workouts (Monday, August 3 To Thursday, October 8)
- Mondays @ 6 PM - CrossFit Endurance Workout
- Wednesday @ 6 PM - Durango Running Club (DRC) Group Trail Runs
- Thursday @ 6 PM - DRC Coached Track Workouts
- Saturday @ 9 AM - 11 AM - Open Gym or Informal Group Run
- Monday, August 31st - Post-Workout Seminar
- Monday, September 14th - Post-Workout Seminar
- Thursday, September 24th - Final Tune-Up Group Run & Post-Run Seminar
- Saturday, October 10 - Durango Double Trail ½ Marathon
- Sunday, October 11 - Durango Double Road ½ Marathon
- Sunday, October 11 - Catacombs Endurance Team post-race celebration!