We are off the hook excited to announce the launch of our new Unloaded class series. I have heard so many stories of people in our community that want to get in shape but are intimidated by heavy barbells and the intensity of CrossFit. Now we have an option just for you. Imagine a class that combines cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, core work, and muscle endurance training without heavy barbells or prescribed weights. In the Unloaded program, we combine rowing, plyometrics, body weight movements, medicine ball work, and traditional calisthenics, as well as light barbells, dumbbells or kettlebells. You get a great workout and begin building momentum toward a healthier lifestyle without the intimidation.
Just like our CrossFit classes, each session is led by an experienced and invested coach. But unlike our CrossFit classes, there are no prerequisites for this program. This IS the starting point. We will teach all necessary movements for each day's workout during the warmup period. As always, the emphasis will be on moving safely with good form over moving quickly or finishing first. Coaches will teach, encourage and motivate but you get to set the pace based on where you are in your fitness journey.
Is Unloaded right for you?
Unloaded is open to anyone in the Durango community with a desire to improve health, fitness, and wellness. We created this program with the following groups in mind:
- Beginners: maybe you need to lose weight, find an outlet for your stress, or your doctor has told you that you need to start exercising. This program is for you.
- Returning athletes: those recovering from injury or significant time away for any reason will find this to be a gradual return to intensity.
- Shifting gears: individuals who have been working out on their own who are looking to shake up their routine, get some coaching and accountability, or be a part of a positive community. See what you've been missing.
- CrossFit athletes looking to take a break from barbell work and focus on their cardiovascular engine. Variety is the spice of life and sometimes change is the kick in the kick in the pants you've needed. Unloaded does not equal easy. We promise you can get your workout in without barbells.
Schedule and Membership Information
Unloaded Classes meet Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:00 to 1:45. More class days and times will be added as the program grows.
Classes are $15/session or 10-punch passes are available for $135. Unloaded punch passes cannot be used for CrossFit classes.
Refer 2 Friends and Get a T-Shirt
Who doesn't love a free t-shirt? Catacombs members, refer 2 friends to Unloaded and earn yourself a free t-shirt. We'd rather reward you, our community, for sending people our way than pay for advertising. You guys ARE our best marketing and we want your friends and family members in here. Here's how the promotion works:
- Grab a few brochures and "Free Unloaded Class" cards from the front desk.
- Write your name on the back of the cards and pass them on to your friends who need to give this a shot.
- If they come and try a class and give us the free class card with your name on it, you get a free t-shirt of your choice. You can even come with them for free to give it a shot.
This offer is only in effect until September 15 and good for new members only.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to get started.